-A A +A

Contact Us

Also find us on:

Changes To Your Tenancy

There may be circumstances where you wish to make a change to your tenancy. This could be due, for example, to co-habitation, separation or death.

How do I make a change to a tenancy?

We advise that you contact your Neighbourhood Management Officer on 0115 905 1515 to talk about any change you want to make. They will be happy to advise you and provide any forms you may need to complete.

Are we always able to agree to changes to the tenancy?

No – sometimes we are not able to agree to a request to change a tenancy. ie, we are not always able to accept a request to add a second person onto a tenancy. We will carefully consider each request and if we are not able to agree then we will explain our decision in writing.

What happens where joint tenants are separating?

Both tenants need to complete the relevant documents. Please note, Gedling Homes is not able to decide who should have the tenancy. If both parties are not able to agree between themselves then independent legal advice should be sought. If joint tenants are divorcing then the matter of the joint tenancy should be considered at that time.

If you would like further information, please ring us on 0115 905 1515 and ask for Gedling Homes Neighbourhood Management team.